Registration for Young 5's for the 2021-2022 school year is March 1 – April 30.
Lakeshore Public Schools offers a Young 5’s play-based program designed for younger students and/or students needing more time to develop academically, socially, and emotionally prior to experiencing a traditional kindergarten program.
- MUST be 5 years old between June 1 and December 1, 2021 and an independent bathroom user. Preference given to those born between Sept. 1 – Dec. 1.
- The Young 5’s program is a full day, every day, free program to those students who reside within the Lakeshore School District.
- The calendar will follow the district elementary calendar.
- Transportation is provided.
- Registration is NOT on a first come basis.
- Lakeshore School District has limited openings, registration does not guarantee enrollment. You will be notified by the end of June regarding your enrollment status.
- Non-residents may NOT register at this time, but may apply for Schools of Choice in the spring ONLY if space is available.
Student Enrollment Instructions & Forms:
- Required documentation is on the first page of the fillable enrollment form. Please use check boxes to make sure you have all required documentation prior to submitting.
- Enrollment forms are fillable PDF. Please fill out, save as a PDF and email to us at email@example.com.
- Supporting documents should also be scanned and emailed to the same address. Please send PDF enrollment form and all documents in ONE email. Enrollments are not considered complete, until ALL documents are received.
Enrollment Forms: (see submission instructions in the paragraph above)
Step 2: Student Enrollment Form Y5 (Make sure all necessary check boxes, student, guardian/parent signatures are complete before submitting enrollment)
Step 3: Young 5's Health Appraisal Form (REQUIRED: Schedule an appointment with your family practitioner to have this completed)
Step 4: NEW Hearing and Vision Form (REQUIRED: Schedule an appointment following the instructions on attached form)
Step 4: Kindergarten Waiver (If turning 5 between Sept 1-Dec 1 of the current year)
Step 5: Email all required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Linda at 269-428-1400 or email@example.com with any questions.