Lakeshore Public Schools Transportation
The Lakeshore Public Schools Transportation Department’s mission is to provide the safest and most efficient means of transporting our students to and from school.
Bus Routes 2021-2022:
Lakeshore transportation has completed the routes for the 2021-2022 school year. Please check our Bus Schedules page for route information, including pick up and drop off times.
First Late Start Wednesday of the year is 9/8/2021! HSMS pick up times are 40 minutes later and Elementary pick up times are 50 minutes later.
The website will be periodically update throughout the school year as student’s extracurricular activities impact routing and new students join.
Bus Stop Etiquette:
Please have your child at the bus stop 5 minutes before the listed estimated time. On Late-Start Wednesdays, high school/middle school buses run 40 minutes later, and elementary buses run 50 minutes later. Late Start Wednesdays begin September 8, 2021
STUDENT CROSSING PROCEDURE:
To Board the Bus:
- Students wait in a group at the designated bus stop at least 10 feet away from the edge of the roadway and watch the bus driver for the signal to cross.
- Bus drivers will display a sign (see below) to indicate when it is safe to cross the street.
- Students proceed directly across the road always staying well in front of the bus and board the bus.
- Do not stop in the middle of the street or cross behind the bus.
- Bus stops will be placed at legal locations consistent with Board policy or if required by law.
When Exiting the Bus:
- Students exit the bus and take 10 giant steps in front of the bus staying on the side of the street.
- Students stand in a group and look to the bus driver for the signal to cross.
- Bus drivers will display a sign to indicate when it is safe to cross the street.
Red stop sign means “STOP”
Green smiley face means “CROSS SAFELY” (pictured below)
- Students proceed to a point even with the left side of the bus and stop.
- Students look left and right for passing cars.
- Students look to the driver for instruction to complete the crossing.
- Do not cross behind the bus.
- If a paper or article goes under the school bus, always ask the bus driver for help.
- Do not get mail from roadside mailboxes until after the bus leaves the stop.
School Bus Student Crossing Paddle
Red=Stop Green = Go - Safe to Cross
Lakeshore Transportation is looking forward to another safe year of transporting our students. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to drop us a line at (269)428-1412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your continued support and look forward to a safe school year! GO LANCERS!